oh, hey! it's only been about 4 months, but i'm officially making my comeback into the food blogging world right now.
in case you're wondering, here's my life in a nutshell: i was on a ship for 2 months, majorly unhappy and missing any sense of normalcy and mostly dance. so, i came home (to LA)...and i've been home for exactly two months. i started a second job at an awesome vegan/gluten-free bakery and returned to my previous job at the restaurant while balancing some super exciting auditions (two for major motion pictures!), dance class, catching up with old friends and hanging out with new ones. getting back into the LA groove of things and re-evaluating my life in terms of health, finances, dance dreams, and career goals has been my main focus and i'm loving
almost every minute of it :)
sooooo, for my first post back, i'd like to give you an overview of some things that i've been loving lately in the health/food world. i have a feeling you'll love them, too...
1. salmon burgers. i mean, does that not look amazing?! it was frozen to begin with...which honestly doesn't sound all that appetizing, but i can assure you i've been raving about these to pretty much anyone who will listen. they are absolutely delicious and from trader joe's! aka not very expensive. $6 for 4 i think? either way, have them over a bed of greens, top 'em with red onion and avocado and you've got yourself a healthy, simple dinner...not to mention summery! oh and feel free to roast up some sweet potato "fries" on the side, too. those things are addictive.
2. coconut-almond milk. i'm not kidding guys, this is probably the tastiest beverage i've had in a long time (save for a few fancy cocktails i've tried in the recent months, but that's another story for another time...). it's incredibly creamy and has the slightest taste of coconut. i've been putting it in oatmeal, coffee, and smoothies! which brings me to number three...
3. smoothies. is there anything more refreshing on a hot day or after busting it out at the gym than a freezing cold, fruity drink? the answer is no. and smoothies filled with my favorite fruits (+ a banana for creaminess always) is my perfect summer snack. and it tastes even better when the produce is on sale...BOOM.
4. getting in exercise AND vitamin D. i've been walking the mile to and from the gym everyday for multiple reasons: it saves me gas, it saves me the stress of finding a parking lot, i get to make phone calls and catch up with my parents/friends on my way, and i get to catch some rays. it's a win-win!
5. my life. i couldn't be happier with my decision to leave the ship, even if it means dealing with the frustrations that come with being in the entertainment industry and rejection sometimes. i know los angeles is the place for me, at least at this moment. i can't imagine being anywhere else right now and i know that i'm making progress and moving forward every single day. i love where i live and i'm constantly discovering new things to do in this city. and places to eat...because, let's be real, that's the most important part ;)
i hope you've all be spectacular, i'm sorry i disappeared, and i hope i can be a greater presence in the healthy living/food blog community from here on out!