Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

one bowl, two ways.

is it just me, or does everything taste better when eaten out of a bowl? it's just so much easier to eat and hold that way! plus, if you have a really pretty bowl it makes it even better :)


this week i've been eating almost everything out of a bowl, from breakfast to dinner to dessert! i've recently discovered my new favorite breakfast: pumpkin pie cottage oats.

it's basically 1/4 cup of oats made with water
approx. 1/2 cup of cottage cheese
1/4 cup of pumpkin (or more)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp of maple syrup and
1 tsp of brown sugar


mixed all together and you have one seriously delicious fall treat. i may even find myself eating it for dessert one of these days!

another one of my new favorite meals is whole wheat pasta with a ton of veggies thrown in. you've probably seen this meal on my blog in the past, since pasta is amazing, but the other day i put some of my basil pesto sausage in with the pasta + garlic powder, sea salt, olive oil and carmelized onions. it was so good.


i think garlic and onion just make me happy, but the sausage was the perfect addiction with a little spice and sweetness. plus, adding meat makes it extra filling! next time, when i have some, i'll be adding spinach for sure.

aside from these couple of meals, my eats have been pretty standard the last few days. i actually went out to happy hour yesterday with some people from work, stuffed my face, got cheesecake from the cheesecake factory and went to a movie to stuff my face some more. unfortunately, since i was in the dark, i don't have pictures of either the red velvet or reese's peanut butter cup slices i split with shayan, but it's probably better that way. if i see another photo of them, i'm probs going to want to eat 'em again...

today will be far less indulgent - it's back to yoga and work! have a lovely saturday :)

xo jordan




No comments:

Post a Comment